The Palomar Knot
The Palomar Knot is one of the simplest fishing knots to tie. It mainly used to attach your line to a hook or lure. It is a very strong and reliable knot.
This knot is so easy to tie that with a little practice, you could tie it with your eyes closed but it can be a bit awkward at first.
How to tie the Palomar
1. Double about 4" of line and pass the loop through the eye of fishing hook.
2. Let the fishing hook hang loose, and tie an overhand knot in the doubled line.
3. Avoid twisting the lines and do NOT tighten the knot.
4. Pull the loop end of the line far enough to pass it over the hook, swivel or lure.
5. Make sure the loop passes completely over the attachment.
6. Pull both the tag end and the standing line until the knot is tightened.
7. Clip off the tag end of the fishing line.
Return to Top of Palomar Knot
Return to Knots Home
Return to BestBassFishingInfo Home