The Surgeons Knot
The Surgeons Knot is great for attaching two lines together. This knot is exceptionally strong and simple to tie. It is stronger then the barrel knot and should be used anytime the two lines you are connecting are different sizes.
How to tie the Surgeon
1. Lay the lengths of line next to each other with the tag ends pointing opposite of each other. Make sure to over lap them by at least 4 to 6 inches.
2. Tie an overhand knot with both lengths of line together by forming a loop and bringing the tag end of leader and entire end of main line the loop together. Keep the loop open.
3. Make a second overhand knot in this doubled section by bringing the same double strand through the loop again.
4. Wet the knot and tighten down by holding all four ends and pulling steadily.
5. Trim the tag ends as close to the knot as possible.
Return to Top of Surgeons Knot
Return to Knots Home
Return to BestBassFishingInfo Home